Monday, April 6, 2009

It's been over a year already?

For the past year I have kept a journal of psnob's events, press, and interesting facts. I recently thought of adding an entry or two regarding a more personal perspective. Even though there have been entries that state the important details of psnob, I never want to forget the most important details...how challenging this journey has been and the things that people may not realize when it comes to making your dreams a reality.

Eight years of hard work and I am sure more to come. When I decided to embark on such a project, I had no idea what I was up against. At times people see the end result, the notoriety, the praise, the glamour side of this business. I personally am the only one who truly knows the ugly side, the frustrating side, the rejection side, the passionate side. The passion is what keeps me believing in what I am doing, and why I am doing it. Some people think it is just about the "handbags", but in actuality, it is about doing something that brings me joy, inspires others and allows the flexibility of personal growth in the form of art.

Almost one year today is when I went public with the psnob handbags. A lot of preparation went into deciding when to launch the line and so much has revolved around that day of the launch.

I would like to continue adding entries to bring everyone up to date on the other side of psnob. Maybe shed a little light on my perspective of this industry, my personal encounters, the fake and the phony, the people who admire what you do and the percentage of those who don't want you to steal their thunder.

As a business person I have played the politically correct role, but as an artist I have no role to play. I can only be true to my craft, my journey, my story.

No comments: